So you decided want to run your store on a spare computer or VPS. This guide will help you setup your own store that you can connect to remotely.
For this tutorial I will be using a Debian-based system (Ubuntu 19.04) but these packages are available for all major linux distros.
1) First things first, you need to install gcc and git
2) The second step will be to install and setup Golang v1.11.5
sudo tar -zxvf go1.11.5.linux-amd64.tar.gz -C /usr/local/
echo "export GOPATH=$HOME/go" >> .profile
echo "export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/go/bin" >> .profile
3) Next you will install and initialize the Openbazaar daemon
go get github.com/OpenBazaar/openbazaar-go
git checkout v0.13.7
go run openbazaard.go init
4) Now you will have to set your API credentials, make sure to save these. You will use these credentials to connect to your instance
go run openbazaard.go setapicreds
5) After that we will set the server to be accessible to outside connections
6) So let’s start the openbazaar-go server and run it in the background
7) Final note, use this command whenever you want to stop the server from running in the background
That’s it! You are now self-hosted and your server is now remotely accessible on port 4002.